Lade Karte ...
Date(s) - Di. 28.02.2017 - Fr. 03.03.2017
10:00 Uhr - 13:00 Uhr
Prof. Scaria Zacharia is the Gundert Chair Professor for Malayalam at Tübingen University.
For this course specially second and third generation Malayalees are invited to participate.
- A general survey of contemporary Malayalam language (languages in contact, language and society)
- Evolution of Malayalam literature (Sanskritization, westernization, post-colonialism, globalism, indigeneity)
- Malayalam and translation (semantic translation, semiotic translation)
- Malayalam and mediatization (classical art, modern theater and film, electronic media, popular culture, folk art, visual culture)
- Communication and identification (women, Dalits, linguistic minority, religious minority, multiculturalism and democracy)
- Internet of things (evolution of space and place, cultural geography of Kerala)